Re: What is LINK?

Murray Maloney (murray@sco.com)
Mon, 26 Jun 1995 14:22:04 -0400 (EDT)

Richard Bondi writes:

> Can someone explain to me what embedding LINK in an <a href> does? Or tell
> me a good place to look?

You don't embed LINK in an <a href=...> .

There is a <LINK> element which takes all of the same
attributes (including href) as the <A> element.

The <LINK> element is only supported by a couple of browsers,
so there is no good reason to use right now, unless you
are writing context-sensitive help for an SCO system.

I am currently working on a discussion paper, that will
eventually be submitted as an Internet Draft, on the
subject of hypertext links in HTML, use of the <LINK>
element, REL and REV attribute values and meanings,
and suggestions for additional attributes and elements.

This paper is currently being reviewed by various members
of the HTML Working Group. I will be publishing it to
this mail list for broader review real soon now.

Regards,

Murray

Murray C. Maloney Internet: murray@sco.com
Sponsor member of Davenport Group Member of IETF HTML Working Group
Disclaimer: I'm speaking for myself. 'T ain't nobody else to blame but me.