Re: Adobe's Acrobat

Scott J. Walter (sjwalter@winternet.com)
Mon, 29 May 1995 23:34:15 +0500

At 08:41 AM 5/29/95 +0500, Srivastava Nandini wrote:

>Adobe's Acrobat Reader software requires a Distiller prog and Exchange
>Prog to convert a ps file to pdf file and to create your own pdf file.
>Does one have to get it separately coz i'm sure it doesn't come along the
>reader.

Yes, Adobe sells the Distiller as a separate entity (part of their Acrobat
"Pro" package, I believe) ... at a retail of $400-$500 US as I recall.

-Scotty
Scott J. "Scotty" Walter | "Ah'm sorrah, sir ... but y' jes kinna
Maverick Software | fit annah muhr on th' floppy. Y' jes
| kinna mess wi' th' lahws o' data
SJWalter@WinterNet.COM | compression!"
"It's not a bug ... it's not a feature ... it's an ENHANCEMENT!!"