Re: CAI Internet Gallery Opens

ChrisS (ChrisS@insyncp.com)
Mon, 22 May 1995 03:37:56 +0500

Kill the ads!

Subject: CAI Internet Gallery Opens
Author: dsecuya@durian.usc.edu.ph
Originator: www-html@mail.w3.org at internet
Date: 5/20/95 11:19 PM

Announcing
the Grand Opening of
Cebu Artists, Inc.'s
CAI ART GALLERY
on the Internet

featuring the following exhibitions:

KISAW KULTURA
CAI Resident Artists On Exhibit

A COLLECTION OF PAINTINGS & SKETCHES
OF MARTINO ABELLANA

CEBU SCENERIES
One-Man Show by Dong Secuya

As the world progresses in digital technology at break-neck speed,
and as the whole wide world is slowly merging into a small global
village, we would like to share our bit of contribution into this
revolution by making available to the internet the works of Cebuano
and Cebu-based visual artists--in painting, sculpture and
photography.

See how the graphics are arranged and played in front of your
screens as only artists can do. Expect the looks of the site to
regularly change as it expands, and as new tools for developing
sophisticated Home Pages will be made available. Please view the
site using the latest version of Netscape Navigator (1.1N).

Since its soft-opening four weeks ago, CAI Art Gallery has already
generated tremendous response from its viewers. Among others, the
gallery was featured by the Philippine Cyberspace Review (http://www.
europa.com/~jra/ph-cyber.html) citing it as an "important milestone"
in Philippine cyberspace history. Asiaweek Magazine, on its May 12,
1995 issue prominently referenced the CAI Art Gallery describing it
as an "elegant electronic museum." And a host of e-mails flew from
different parts of the globe dishing out comments like "fastantic!",
"wonderful!", "awesome!", "commendable."

So don't miss it! And we hope to see you every so often as full-packed
battery of events are scheduled for the next so many months. Be one
with us in celebrating this new found avenue of expression. The world
moves; so does art. Leornardo da Vinci for all his genius, could not
have imagined what is happening today. Mabuhay!

. Surfing the Internet/Fidonet/Usenet on a wsOMR!