Re: HTML 3.0 NOFOLD and NOWRAP attributes

Dave Raggett (dsr@hplb.hpl.hp.com)
Tue, 13 Dec 94 17:46:55 GMT

Michael Johnson writes:

> Do either or both of these attributes imply that linend characters in the
> markup are to cause line breaks in the formatted document, as they do in
> the <PRE> element?

NOWRAP disables word wrap while NOFOLD passes white space characters
through unchanged and disables the normal rules for condensing repeated
whitespace chars to the space character. Right now, in Arena line-end
characters don't cause line breaks in the formatted document, but I guess
that is open to discussion (Arena implements nofold for tables but not as
yet for the rest).

--
 Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> tel: +44 272 228046 fax: +44 272 228003
  Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Filton Road, Bristol BS12 6QZ, United Kingdom