Re: tag embedability pointer?

Cecilia Farell (farellc@io.org)
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 17:03:27 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 9 Dec 1994, David Sallach wrote:

> Date: Fri, 9 Dec 1994 18:59:07 +0100
> From: David Sallach <david_sallach@il.us.swissbank.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <www-html@www0.cern.ch>
> Subject: tag embedability pointer?
>

> As a relatively new member of the list, I would appreciate a pointer
> to a succinct summary of which tags can be embbeded with which other
> tags. I would like to conform to HTML standards, but have not seen a
> clear statement of embedding precedence, if that's a concept.

Take a look at the HTML 2.0 DTD Reference, accesible through the HTML
Official Specifications at:

<A HREF="http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/MarkUp/MarkUp.html">The
Official HTML Specifications</A>

For each element, there is a list of "All Parts" and "Within Context
of". This tells you what other elements can be embedded within each element
and what other elements each element can be embedded in (Say, what?).

Regards,

Cecilia Farell H I P P E R M E D I A Toronto, Canada

Web Page Authoring | HTML Documents | Windows Help

farellc@io.org http://www.io.org/~farellc/hipper.html