RE:Re: More thoughts

Alex.Hopmann@resnova.com
Sat, 29 Oct 1994 00:25:00 -0500

In article of 10:33 AM 10/27/94, Dylan Northrup <northrup@chuma.c writes:

>So, you intend to make HTML the COBOL of mark-up languages, eh?
No, but maybe the C++. C was small and elegant. It had a clear "plan". But
last I saw most compilers now are supporting C++, which as anyone will admit
is comparitvly a large and compilcated language. But personally, I would be
very upset to be stuck with plain old C.

><condescension>
>For people who don't want to learn the markups, give them a nice
>front-end, some snazzy buttons and (of course) make it Windoze
>compatible. Pretty soon, you'll have executives, secretarys, and anyone
>
>else who wants to claim they're on the "Information Superhighway."
>cluttering up the bandwidth with their witless prattle and annoying
> tripe.
></condescension>
>
>Suddenly we have people wanting to do things before knowing what they are
>
>doing.
> </cite>"You were so busy trying to figure out if you could do something,
<condescension>Oops! A markup error! You started with a /cite. I guess that
makes you a non-professional, and hence unsuited for use of
markup?</condescension> All kidding aside (And please interpret my previous
comment as a joke rather than real condescension) your model of the
Information Superhighway seems just as bad to me as "big cable" (500
channels of shit). So we have to pass the test of understanding HTML markup
to contribute anything? Do we have to use vi to enter it, or can I use my
Macintosh text editor at least to type such user friendly things as <a
href="something" other="more_junk_here">???

Alex Hopmann
ResNova Software, Inc.