Re: Wanted: HyperMail Done Right

Mark Steinberger (mark@csc.albany.edu)
Tue, 26 Dec 1995 19:27:57 -0500 (EST)

I haven't played with mhonarc, so I can't comment on it.

An additional feature that would be valuable for hypermail is the
ability to add a collection of new messages to the archive and have
it update the indices, keeping all the information about the old
messages.

In the current version, it seems to do this only if you keep all the
messages retrospectively in a single mail file, and run hypermail on
the whole thing every time you want to update the archive with more
than one new message.

That requires keeping huge mail files of old messages, a big
nuisance.

I shouldn't complain too much, because I find the program to be very
valuable, and use it for several archives.

--Mark
Mark Steinberger |
Dept. of Math. & Stat | Nonlinear similarity begins in dimension six.
SUNY at Albany |
Albany, NY 12222 |
mark@csc.albany.edu | http://math.albany.edu:8800/~mark