Re: Form-based File Upload in HTML

Jeff Rawlings (rawlings@navisoft.com)
Fri, 17 Nov 95 14:39:11 PST

At 02:23 PM 11/17/95 PST, Larry Masinter wrote:
>We are getting a trickle of requests for server/CGI implementations of
>file upload and other status. If you have an implementation of file
>upload either in client and server, or (even better) have a web page
>about the status of file upload, could you let us know so that we can
>send the information to those who inquire?

NaviSoft has implemented file upload to servers based on HTTP PUT. Both
the client (NaviPress) and the server (NaviServer) understand PUT, allowing
direct saves of Web files from the client - a Web authoring tool/browser -
to the Web server.

The new version of NaviPress (1.1) has even implemented a "Copy File"
command, where you can copy files or directories between any two browsable
locations. (Browsable locations are your hard drive and any NaviServers you
have permission to PUT files onto.)

You can get trial software at http://www.navisoft.com/ .

Cheers,

Jeff Rawlings <> NaviService: Web Hosting from NaviSoft
Internet Marketing Mgr <> *Multiple T3 with 7x24 monitoring
rawlings@navisoft.com <> *Remote authoring & maintenance software
http://www.navisoft.com/ <> *Relational database and full APIs