Re: Content negotiation

Kee Hinckley (nazgul@utopia.com)
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 12:31:15 -0500

At 8:59 PM 11/7/95, George Phillips wrote:
>is unavailable. A pretty reliable "site" would be the browser itself.
>It would keep a port open listening for HTTP Accept: extension requests.
>To avoid caching problems you'd want URLs with the browser version in them.
>Most browsers would have two paths, one for what it can do at the top level
>and one for what image formats can be inlined. Firewalls might be a proble=

=46irewalls would definitely be a problem. But moreso is that this mechanis=
works for things like HTML extensions (which are standard across all
versions of a browser) but not for content type. You and I may both use
Browser A, but that doesn't mean we both can view image format B.

Kee Hinckley Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects=81 617.768.5500
nazgul@utopia.com http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.