Re: EOLAS ACQUIRES MILLSTONE INTERNET SOFTWARE PATENT

Omar Eljumaily (omar@omnicode.com)
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 15:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 21 Aug 1995, Kevin Gross wrote:

> At 04:43 PM 8/21/95 -0400, Paul Burchard wrote:
> >Can anyone here advise on the procedure for forwarding
> >counterevidence against a pending patent (like Pei's and Simon's
> >below) to the right people at the US Patent and Trademark Office?
>
> Not strictly necessary. You may forward any such prior art to the
> people or company who have filed the patent application. They are
> required to bring it to the attention of the PTO.

Yes, but does anybody know of a way to contact the specific PTO
people involved? This thing sounds like patents for XOR operators and
such. I know very little about patents, but I don't think you can patent
something that's obvious, which the above is. The PTO needs to know.
They've patented crazier things.