Re: Q: How to run a script instead of index.html?

Mike Dilworth (M.J.Dilworth@is.city.ac.uk)
Mon, 21 Aug 1995 13:54:14 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 21 Aug 1995, Despodata wrote:

> I am trying to make my server (NCSA 1.3) behave inteligently about the
> language it should use to any user. To do that, I need, first of all,
> to run a program from cgi-bin instead of delivering my htdocs/index.htm.
>
> I've looked at conf/* but it is not evident to how to do this. Can anybody

in one of the conf files ( i forget the exact one off the top of my
head) you specify which file the system should look for before it builds
an index of the directory, try specifying your cgi script here. I cant
say for sure that this will work, its the first thing that comes to mind.

good luck

mike

Mike Dilworth, Department of Information Science,
Research Student. City University,
Northampton Square,
Email: M.J.Dilworth@is.city.ac.uk EC1V 0HB.