Re: Let's talk strategy (was: Re: Web Reliability)

Liam Relihan (relihanl@ul.ie)
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 11:38:53 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 30 Jul 1995, Mike Meyer wrote:

> (*) Anneli was absolutely fuming at NetScape, with comments on "making
> fortunes helping millions of clueless people do the wrong thing." A
> magazine she likes had recently bragged about their web pages. Turns
> out they aren't navigable in anything but NetScape because of
> NetScapes broken attribute parsing. The response from the magazine was
> that 25% (their estimate) of their market wasn't worth spending a few
> minutes fixing the problem, or even doing it right next time.

Aside:
I have my doubts about this statistic ("75% of all browsers are Netscape").
Where did this figure come from ? Did it come from Netscape, I wonder ?

Liam

--
 Liam Relihan,                                        Voice: +353-61-335322
 CSIS, Schumann Building,        [space]                Fax: +353-61-330876