Re: 3 Proposals: session ID, business-card auth, customer auth

R. Martin Roscheisen (rmr@cs.stanford.edu)
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 10:16:39 -0700

On Tue, 18 Jul 1995, Daniel W. Connolly wrote:

> ******* II. The business-card authentication scheme
>
> I propose a new http authentication scheme; let's call it
> "business-card". Its purpose is to facilitate access control policies
> similar to "I'll show you my information if you'll leave your business
> card in the bowl."

Yes, for a storage format, you might want to look at
http://www.versit.com/specifications.html

Cheers, - Martin

-------
Versit Personal Data Interchange(PDI) Specification The Versit PDI
specification provides a cross-platform solution for the exchange of
personal information (including name, company, address, phone numbers
and electronic mail IDs) among a multitude of desktop and mobile
devices, such as computers, phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs)
and organizers.

The Versit PDI specification defines a set of universal "containers"
called Bentograms, based on Bento, an object-oriented technology which
is the OpenDoc standard interchange format for storage and exchange of
data. The first reference implementation of Bentogram is
Versitcard(tm), Versit's electronic business card. Using products that
incorporate this specification, a user could, for example, exchange
electronic business cards at a meeting, and the recipient could then
dial that person by simply tapping on their phone number in their
computer or PDA. In an integrated computer-telephony environment,
users might similarly place their Versitcards "on the table" at the
start of a desktop video and data conference.