Re: Document contains no data ?

Mike Dilworth (M.J.Dilworth@is.city.ac.uk)
Tue, 11 Jul 1995 10:04:16 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 10 Jul 1995, Darmadi Komo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anybody ever encountered this message:
>
> Netscape Error: Document contains no data
>
> when trying to use perl script with method POST in cgi-bin directory.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

yep,
what is happening (more than likely, well for me it was true) is that
your script isnt working properly. I suspect that you are opening a
file, document, or whatever, emptying the contents with a view to
updateing it. However the script isnt updating it just emptying it.
This means that when you next come to view the doc. theres nowt in
there. This may be whats happening in your case , but without knowing
what your script does its hard to tell.

good luck
mike
Mike Dilworth, Department of Information Science,
Research Student. City University,
Northampton Square,
Email: M.J.Dilworth@is.city.ac.uk EC1V 0HB.