wcol-beta05, announce and call for teseter

www-talk@www10.w3.org
Sat, 3 Jun 95 16:24:18 PDT

David Dumaresq writes:
> On Wed, 31 May 1995 wmperry@spry.com wrote:
>
> > > Excuse my ignorance but could someone explain what a magic cookie is
> > > used for.
> >
> > It makes you see funny things coming out of the walls of your office.
> > Generally large pink elephants with fucia polka-dots. They can be
> > particularly intriguing when taken in conjunction with magic mushrooms,
> > magic markers, and jolt cola (tm).
>
> Well thank you! It is all much clearer now, I see my clean living has
> been taking a toll on me.

You should stop that before its too late.

A 'magic cookie' in most cases is some token that gets passed back and
forth between the client and the server. Usually it will carry some sort
of state information with it (a shopping-basket type thing).

-Bill P.