wcol-beta05, announce and call for teseter

www-talk@www10.w3.org
Fri, 2 Jun 95 17:54:14 PDT

On May 31, 10:28pm, Kee Hinckley wrote:
> Subject: Re: caching dilemma
> At 4:53 PM 5/31/95, Koen Holtman wrote:
> >You mean to say that the Netscape _browser_ disables its internal
> >cacheing when receiving a pragma: no-cache in a form _response_?? That
> >would be strange but wonderful, as the draft http spec defines this
> >pragma to be an optional part of a client _request_ message.
>
> That is the case. I confess that I don't know how I discovered it, but it
> definitely turns off history caching in Netscape. Set it on a form, for
> instance, and you don't have to worry about the user resubmitting it - if
> they go back to it, it's been reloaded.

Sorry, it's just coincedence. Netscape doesn't parse any Pragma:
headers. It does honor expires though. It will also do special
reloads if you send a document without a "Last-modified:" header.

:lou

--
Lou Montulli                 http://www.mcom.com/people/montulli/
       Netscape Communications Corp.