FW: Pros and Cons of various OSs for Web

Staffan Berger, ElektroPost (staffan@ep.se)
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 00:24:03 +0500

--====xkjhXsfDFKa456wJEcdtRKJad_=950400003

The best is to set up a Web server in the environment you have knowledge=
=20
in.
We decided to run our server on Windows NT just because we know this OS=
.

I don't think Windows NT is better or worse than Mac or Sparc as a WWW =
=20
server. They are all the same - you write your HTML pages and they are =
=20
loaded irrespective of the server environment.

For your home - that's the same as above. Do you have a leased line to =
=20
your home?
At home most persons are running Windows, so I'll suggest Windows 95 and=
=20
the WebSite server. More info about WebSite can be loaded from =20
http://dc3.alisa.com/ (this is Robert Denny's, (the author of WebSite) =
=20
notebook).

Please follow up this if you don't agree ...

Thanks.

staffan
http://www.ep.se/ep/eng/staffan3.htm
Disclaimer: I only speaks for my company and this should not be mixed up=
=20
with my personally opinions.