(no subject)

Larry Masinter (masinter@parc.xerox.com)
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 00:12:44 +0500

Someone (can't tell who from the mail headers)

> Is there a MIME Content-Type for files following the General MIDI standard?
> It seems to me there ought to be. Any comments?

a) there isn't
b) there probably should be
c) it's only useful if there are 'helper apps' for most platforms that
actually take such a file and do something interesting with it. I've
not been able to find any simple 'MIDI-play' utilities that are
generic enough to work for the wide variety of MIDI gear. Have you?

Larry

(PS.. the mail headers for this message were really bogus...

From: <www-talk@www10.w3.org>

Did something happen to the www-talk remailer?)