Re: Bless His Little W3 Socks

web@sowebo.charm.net
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 07:52:42 +0100

attreejc@vax.sbu.ac.uk wrote:

> Dear All
>
> Up until now I use a bare ASCII editor to create HTML - I havent

As all *real* webmasters do.. :*)

> yet found an editor that produces the code as I like it, and I'm
> afraid I see an aesthetic appeal in well presented code.
> OK I Confess: I wear my little W3 socks in bed (well I am British!)

Me2! Now where can I get those socks?

> HOWEVER:
> Tables are Oh So useful, and Oh So painful to code; so far I've done
> my CV (no surprises that was the first thing I tried!) and that took
> an age!!

Let me know if you'd like it linked to from
<URL:http://WWW.Stars.com/Jobs.html>

> SO :
> I'll give up my aesthetic pretentions for an editor/macro that can
> hack tables, if anyone knows of one. Ideally a macro for Excel would
> seem to be the answer, but I'm not a basic programmer and would still
> like to keep some kind of life:-)

Life? What's that??

> Any suggestions.
>
> PS Anyone know when Netscape will support Tables, a major omision

Agreed. All browsers should support tables. Right now!
I know I should go RTFM but I trust that forms and tables will
intermix. i.e. we will be able to layout forms as tables..?

PS: whenever I try to reach <URL:http://info.cern.ch/> I get 404,
"Not found - file doesn't exist or is read protected [even tried multi]"
Anyone know what's up?
Alan & Lucy Richmond * * * * * * * CyberWeb SoftWare
Web@Stars.com <URL:http://WWW.Stars.com/> 1 (301) 552 0272
Internet HTML CGI C Perl Training Transatlantic Liaison