Re: History of WWW, HTML and SGML

Bruce Moxon (bmoxon@netcom.com)
Sat, 21 Jan 1995 08:11:14 +0100

At 11:54 PM 1/19/95, Daniel W. Connolly wrote:
>In message <Chameleon.4.01.2.950116141507.McIntyre@.io.com>, James Michael Stew
>art writes:
>>Also lists or graphs of statistics about the web would be of great help.
>
>Hmmm... MERIT maintains stats on the Internet, including the Web.
>Joseph Hardin gave a talk about the size of the web, including some
>impressive graphs showing exponential growth. I don't where these
>live, though.

Try the following ...

http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/stats/NSF/merit.html

Merit NIC NSFNET backbone statistics provided by Ga Tech's Graphics Vis &
Usage Center (GVU)

This group has also done some survey work on users and usage of the Web.

Perhaps also of interest ...

http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu:80/SDG/IT94/Proceedings/DDay/sedayao/mos_traf_paper
.html

"Mosaic Will Kill My Network!" -
Studying Network Traffic Patterns of
Mosaic Use

A WWW2 paper by Jeff Sedayao, Software Systems Engineer, Intel Corporation

Bruce