Why DocType is important

Jeff Suttor (jsuttor@Library.UCLA.EDU)
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 21:50:46 -0800 (PST)

<!DocType ..> is going to be very important. As we begin to serve
arbitrary SGML instances over WWW, it will help to know what it is :)

*For Now*, we can get away with the peek at the first # chars, insert
<!DocType HTML...> if not present.

I recommend we all start/continue using <!DocType ...>.

JSuttor@Library.UCLA.edu