Re: Map File Format general?

Cecilia Farell (farellc@io.org)
Fri, 25 Nov 1994 12:25:15 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 25 Nov 1994 staffan@ep.se wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Nov 1994 12:45:18 +0100
> From: staffan@ep.se
> To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
> Subject: Map File Format general?
>

> Is the map file format general or is it HTTP server type dependent?
> If it's general: why can't you specify a link to a specific section i a
> document (path/doc.htm#page4) in the map file?
> Are there any workarounds?
>
> Thanks!
>
> staffan
> staffan@ep.se

The map file format IS HTTPD-specific. For example, the format for the
NCSA server is different from that for the CERN server.

For info on setting up an imagemap for each of these servers, have a look at:

<A HREF="http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/Daemon/User/Guide.html">CERN
Server User Guide</A>

<A HREF="http://hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu/docs/Overview.html">NCSA Server
Overview</A>

I'm not sure if you can reference a specific location in a document, and
this is a good question.

Anbody?

Regards,

Cecilia Farell H I P P E R M E D I A Toronto, Canada

Web Page Authoring | HTML Documents | Windows Help

farellc@io.org http://www.io.org/~farellc/hipper.html