Re: Frames and WWW

Paul Everitt (paul@cminds.com)
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 08:41:53 -0600 (CST)

Not to jump on the flamewagon, but the original concept -- be it frames,
sections, containers, whatever -- would also mean a finer level of
granularity if you wanted to have locking for group editing, or
versioning for revision control, etc. If that is via an HTML construct,
an SGML construct, fine (sound of Paul, ducking the controversy).

I love the talk being generated about structured documents. I hate the
fact that current httpd's are file-based, and we are rolling out one that
is based on a persistent object store. Being able to reference via URL
(w/out CGI-type URL hacking) any part of that object would be, err, nice.

Paul Everitt V 703.785.7384 Email Paul.Everitt@cminds.com
Connecting Minds, Inc. F 703.785.7385 WWW http://www.cminds.com/