Re: hmmm... servers producing per-browser customised output.

CyberWeb (web@sowebo.CHARM.NET)
Wed, 2 Nov 1994 09:52:57 -0500 (EST)

anthony baxter wrote:
>[...]
> I'm dreading the day where pages are just one large imagemap gif of the
> page, exactly as the provider wants it to look.

I have been involved with a group who were contemplating setting
up a WWW-based newspaper. One of their major concerns was how to
get a satisfactory layout. In particular, many of the members
wanted to be able to preserve the columnar style of classical
newspapers. I'd expect the <Table> tag to be good for this, but
till that's widely supported, one approach that I demonstrated
to the group was exactly that: pages done as gifs! And they liked
it..
CyberWeb http://www.charm.net/~web/CWSW.html World
SoftWare http://www.charm.net/~web/Vlib.html Wide
WWW Systems Engineering web@sowebo.charm.net Web