Re: Versioning HTML at the server and Accept-inline

Tony Sanders (sanders@bsdi.com)
Thu, 27 Oct 1994 16:45:09 -0500

cwilson@spry.com writes:
> No, you don't need to send a bug report to Spry. AIR Mosaic does indeed only
> send Accept: headers for the inline image types (currently only image/gif and
> image/xbm) that it knows how to handle. :^) However, this does NOT solve
> the problem in the long run. What happens when we move to a system that
> requests the document _AND_ its components (e.g. inline images) via either an
> MGET or a smart server with multipart MIME handling? At that point, we are

Whatever scheme people use better support having different Accept: headers
(and other headers as well) associated with different parts of the request
or else they will have broken the entire system. This goes far beyond
just inline images.

--sanders