Re: <pre>

Jeff Porter (sydporte@falcon.cc.ukans.edu)
Wed, 05 Oct 1994 16:26:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 5 Oct 1994, Sarr Blumson wrote:

> A colleague of mine wanted to do some layout control, so he did it by hand and
> put it all inside a <pre>...</pre>.
>
> Unfortunately (for me) he did it on a Mac, so the lines end only with ASCII
> carriage returns. As a result, the Unix browsers (I've tried Mosaic, Chimera
> and Lynx) all treat it as a single line.
>
> Does anybody not think this is a bug? Whose bug is it?

I don't think it is a bug, really. It is simply a difference in the
way different machines treat the end of a line.

There are lots of programs that will convert CR -> CR/LF and vice-versa.
On the mac I think that BBEdit will do the job.

// Jeff Porter
// Office of Systems Development, University of Kansas
// EMAIL: sydporte@falcon.cc.ukans.edu
// PHONE: (913) 864-5432