Re: request for browser function

Brian Behlendorf (brian@wired.com)
Fri, 16 Sep 1994 13:53:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 16 Sep 1994, Dave Kristol wrote:
> I would like to see a function added to browsers to flush current
> authentication (and, in the future, payment) information. While I
> admit it's possible to exit and restart a browser, in some
> circumstances that's not desirable.

Definitely. Additionally, a little sign in the gui somewhere to the
effect of "you are authenticated as user *blah* on this page" - so that
people can tell when that info is being sent and when it isn't. I
consider it nothing more than luck that most browsers are currently
intelligent enough to not send authentification information for one site
to another by default.

Brian