Re: Pointer: The Superhighway Steamroller

Michael A. Dolan (miked@CERF.NET)
Tue, 28 Jun 1994 05:17:02 -0700

At 06:58 PM 6/27/94 +0200, Dan Hinckley wrote:

>my my, I just loved the days of searching through piles of floppy disks
>for the document I wanted. Oh joy.

If floppies are good, perhaps punched cards are better ? I *always* found
what I was looking for on my punched cards cause they had the alpha tags
in columns 73-80. I have an IBM 029 card punch for sale....... :-)

>On Sun, 26 Jun 1994, Frederick G.M. Roeber wrote:
>
>> Michael Hart, Director of the Gutenberg Project, just posted an interesting
>> article to bit.listserv.gutnberg (well, he sent it to his mailing list,
which is
>> gatewayed). In it, he argues basically that WWW isn't cost-effective
whereas
>> plain ascii on floppy disks is.
>>
>> The article is copyrighted and reposting is explicitly forbidden, but I can
>> refer to it:

Michael A. Dolan - miked@cerfnet.com
TerraByte Technology (619) 445-9070