Re: ANNOUNCE: Shen, Security enhancements for HTTP.

Brian Behlendorf (brian@wired.com)
Thu, 9 Jun 1994 18:17:06 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 9 Jun 1994 hallam@alws.cern.ch wrote:
> This work is builds on the proposal by Tony Sanders of BSDI and the
> original authentication scheme. It is hoped that integration with the
> Secure HTTP proposal from CommerceNet will result in a common Web
> standard for security systems.

Just to throw in a comment here... it is *absolutely*essential* that
research institutions work together on a strong open standard, and that
we not allow one dominant company to bring in a proprietary standard.
I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just thought I'd
reiterate it. This has to happen SOON. The bear is breathing down
our necks.

Brian