Re: Re WIT

Tony Sanders (sanders@BSDI.COM)
Thu, 09 Jun 1994 17:06:40 -0500

Terry Allen writes:
> In response, I have to remark that only a human could organize the
> *content* of 1500 messages anyway, and WIT doesn't improve on
WIT imposes a hierarchal structure up front. Email is basically flat
because people don't use it right (even me until now).

> properly labelled email in that regard.
Your email wasn't "properly labelled" because it did not contain a standard
percentage of email is "properly labelled"? -- Try something like 6 out
of the last 2032 messages to www-talk!!!!

So please explain to me how we are going force everyone to suddenly
start "properly labeling" their email. I suppose we could make the
listsever reject all improperly labeled email. That would at least
reduce the traffic on this list :-)

News does a little bit better, at least the references are usually added
by the posting software. I think it could be used if the news reading
software was more clever (threaded newsreaders are close but not quite).

--sanders