Re: An Anchor attribute question:

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@hal.com)
Thu, 02 Jun 1994 11:55:16 -0500

In message <199406021639.AA22281@oit.gatech.edu>, Michael Mealling writes:

>Ok, I've added a couple of lines to HTParse.c that fix this and a few
>other things that the current URL spec breaks:

ACK! You changed HTParse.c to grok IETF URLs rather than WWW URI's?!?!
I don't think that's a very good idea. Now you've got a piece of
code that doesn't match the URI spec any more!

>in scan() I added these two lines just before the line
>after_access = name;:
>
> if(!strncmp(name,"URL:",4))
> name=name+4;
>
>This takes care of the current URL spec that requires URL: in front of
>a URL. Normal WWW URLs still work normally.

Blech. Hack. Barf. Who writes HREF="URL:..."? Why?

>This fixes the apparent small bug that causes URN:bla:bla: to get fouled up.

Why is this a bug? That code is written to the URI spec, and per
the URI spec, URN:blah:blah: is garbage.

Change the URN syntax, not the HTParse() code.

Dan