Re: Suggestion: URL string-search syntax

Stephen D Crocker (crocker@tis.com)
Sun, 29 May 94 17:02:41 -0400

Let me announce I'm interested in this problem as well. We're working
on a system for replication of files across organizational boundaries,
and one obvious application is distribution of web documents to
alleviate hot spots and long distance queries. We need URLs that are
relative, and we also need a way to check whether two documents are
the same. (Actually, there's even more to the problem. Time-outs are
probably needed for a wide set of scenarios and intermediate
distribution agents are needed for other scenarios.)

Steve

| Steve Crocker | Voice: 301-854-6889 |
| Trusted Information Systems | FAX: 301-854-5363 |
| 3060 Washington Road (Route 97) |-------------------------------|
| Glenwood, MD 21738 | Internet: crocker@tis.com |