Re: Suggestion: URL string-search syntax

Willem Scholten (willem@futureinfo.com)
Sun, 29 May 1994 10:40:13 -0400 (EDT)

I thougt that is why there was an initial discussion of besides a
URL, URN of a URF, for Universial Resource Fragment.

We have internally even floated the idea of extending it with one more a
URB for a universial citation identifier. Not very much after that we
will need an URI - Universial Idenditifier for Intellectual Property
clearance, pointing to a master holder of IP-rights...

The URL,URI,URF,URN etc discussion is becoming extremely critical in my
opinion, and its time there is some movement through IETF or other channels..

-Willem.