Re: Style Sheets for HTML

Rob Raisch, The Internet Company (raisch@internet.com)
Tue, 24 May 1994 12:44:02 -0700 (PDT)

The proposal I mentioned in my previous posting adds one optional element
to the existant <LINK> tag in html. It does not complicate HTML other
than that.

The issue you raise is an important one which is why we have always
strived to promote optional elements to the existing core "standard"
rather than unnecessarily complicating it.

Much of the web is there because it is simple (comparitively) to learn
HTML and to format documents. Much more of the web is possible if we can
add extra functionality which does not obscure HTML's simplicity.

-- </rr> Rob Raisch, The Internet Company