From: montulli@stat1.cc.ukans.edu (Lou Montulli)
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: WWW Conference

> > I keep hearing about a WWW conference. Is this open to the
> > public? Can I get information on it like dates, places,
> > agenda, etc?
>
> There has been a pointer to the conference details
> from http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html
> for a long time now. It is at CERN, Geneva, Switzerland, May 25-27,
> jointly organized by CERN and CUI at Univ. Geneva. Contact address
> is <www94@www.cern.ch>.
>
> However, there has been enormous demand, and the limit of 300
> attendees has been reached :-( It will clearly have to be repeated,
> possibly twice yearly. The procedings will be published on the web --
> many of the papers are already there. There were very many good papers
> which had to be rejected, so future conferenecs may have to be longer
> or have more tracks.

I would like to see an MBONE broadcast of some of the proceedings
since many (most?) people from the North America region won't be
able to attend. Maybe a SIGWEB meeting could be scheduled for the
same date and avirtual teleconference panel discussion could happen.

Are others interested in a telepresence?

:lou
- --
Montulli@ukanaix.cc.ukans.edu
913/864-0436