Future of meta-indices: site indexing proposal and Perl script

Robert S. Thau (rst@ai.mit.edu)
Wed, 23 Mar 1994 22:58:46 --100

Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 22:30:16 --100
From: lenst@lysator.liu.se

rst@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau) wrote:

> value="metaindex, resource discovery, DTD syntax">
>
>(The last one might be cleaner as <meta purpose="header" purpose="index"...>;
>I did it as a single CDATA string assumed to contain a comma-separated list
>of purposes simply to make it easier to type in manually).

I assume it should still be SGML.

Ah yes, you clipped the part where I said, "not being an SGML adept...".

Then neither of the two syntaxes is
any good. The second isn't even valid SGML. A better way would be to
declare PURPOSE as NAMES. Then it can be a list of names. Attribute
value lists in SGML are written without comma, only white-space
separate the list items.

Lennart Staflin <lenst@lysator.liu.se>
You are in a twisty little maze of URLs, all alluring.

This would be, then, <meta purpose="index header" ...>? At any rate, I'll
bow out to your expertise on the details, here...

rst