Re: Annoucement: Local Browser Execution

Reed Wade (wade@cs.utk.edu)
Tue, 14 Dec 1993 09:49:24 -0500

>On Dec 13, 17:36, George Phillips wrote:
>
>I'm not saying it is a "bad" or "wrong" thing. But it has to be
>pointed out that the possibility for Trojan Horses here is
>mind-boggling. One of the students here had FTP'd a shar file

There will soon be a version of TCL/TK which includes a 'safe'
operating mode. It is mainly intended for active email but
would provide a very good operating environment for untrusted
scripts gotten via WWW.

We intend to use it quite heavily to provide more services via
the WWW client we're working on.

Reed Wade
wade@cs.utk.edu