Re: X Mosaic, FTP and PASV

John Ellson (hotsand!ellson)
Fri, 3 Dec 93 11:01:49 EST

> From: Dave_Raggett <dsr@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
>
> Getting the file size explicitly is perhaps less robust, but as Andy
> Norman of angeftp fame is a colleague of mine, I reckon I can beef up
> the code to deal with the 15 formats or so of directory listings from
> different platforms, e.g. VMS FTP servers produce 3 varieties alone!

OK. Now I see the problem.

Apparently the filename can be extracted reliably from the 15
varieties of ls, so how about this for now:

icon + filename + ls line as received
anchor

The ls line will often disappear of the r.h.s of the default window size
but the information won't be so necessary for normal use.

John Ellson