Re: Please Tables in HTML+

Marc Andreessen (marca@ncsa.uiuc.edu)
Tue, 2 Nov 93 10:51:02 -0800

Terry Allen writes:
> It's simple. My docs have lots of tables, and tables are common
> in other people's docs. It's a common problem, not to be evaded
> on the argument that WWW can't do everything.

Terry, there are *lots* of common problems. The resources required to
solve them all simply aren't present. Neither Jim nor I are trying to
torpedo your efforts by suggesting that tables aren't important, but
at the same time I think that "tables are common" isn't a sufficient
standalone argument to justify the complexity they introduce.

Marc