Re: c.i.w3 instead of mailing list

Matt Heffron (heffron@falstaff.css.beckman.com)
Thu, 07 Oct 1993 13:38:42 -0700

>Marc and a few others have expressed the desire to move to USENET
>completely so we don't carry on the technical conversations on www-talk,
>which doesn't have a high reliability level. I would like to move to
>USENET, but c.i.w3 has a high noise level, so if we make a complete switch
>I think a proposal needs to go forth for comp.infosystems.www.programmers
>or some such list. I don't remember the voting rules offhand, so besides
>having to wait a few weeks or more for getting a new USENET group started
>we also need enough votes and 2/3 of those YES to get started. Do we have
>critical mass? What do you think?
>
>ka

I am in favor of use of USENET instead of mail where possible.

An option to waiting for the voting rules procedure would be to make an
alt.infosystems.www.programmer newsgroup
alt. groups have NO rules for creation, (merely creategroup and deletegroup
message wars :-)

would use of an alt group TEMPORARILY (until we get a real comp. group created)
be a problem for anyone? (e.g. your site refuses ALL alt. groups, your newsfeed's
newsadmin requires bribes to feed you an alt. group ;-) ...)

Matt

--
Matt Heffron                      heffron@falstaff.css.beckman.com
Beckman Instruments, Inc.         voice: (714) 961-3128