Re: ALT tag used in IMG

Alan Braverman (alanb@ncsa.uiuc.edu)
Wed, 22 Sep 93 06:17:22 CDT

Dale Dougherty writes:
> I would like to suggest that graphical browsers like Mosaic
> consider implementing the IMG ALT attribute for possibly
> use if the user chooses not to display graphics for performance
> reasons.
>
> Dale
>
> --
> Dale Dougherty (dale@ora.com)
> Publisher, Global Network Navigator, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
> 103A Morris Street, Sebastopol, California 95472
> (707) 829-3762 (home office); 1-800-998-9938

Version 2.0 will feature an X resource for the option to have a small icon
displayed rather than having inlined images loaded. Clicking on the icon would
subsequently load the image into the document. Images which act as hyperlinks
would be appropriately marked.

--
Alan Braverman
Software Development Group