Re: Lynx2-0-11, WWWLibrary v2.09a, WWWLineMode v2.06

Foteos Macrides (MACRIDES@sci.wfeb.edu)
05 Sep 1993 22:00:21 -0500 (EST)

montulli@stat1.cc.ukans.edu (Lou Montulli) wrote:
>Lynx Ver. 2.0.11 is now available for anonymous ftp from
> FTP2.cc.ukans.edu as /pub/lynx/lynx2-0-11.tar.Z
>[...]
>*VMS NOTE*
>Lynx 2.0.11 has not yet been ported to VMS! After this release I will
>begin work on the VMS version. Since the WWW Library has not
>been ported to VMS since about 9 versions ago it is becoming increasingly
>difficult to support VMS features. Expect the VMS version of Lynx 2.0.11
>soon after the WWW Library is ported. (Port requests can be sent to
>www-bug@info.cern.ch :) For the time being, VMS users will have to
>continue
>[...]

I ported it to VMS. I also ported the info.cern.ch WWWLibrary v2.09a
and WWWLineMode browser v2.06 to VMS. You can get the modifications from my
gopher server (sci.wfeb.edu 70) in WFEB FileServer/ (we don't have aFTP
here). I didn't try to fix the bugs. They're the same on VMS as on Unix:

For both, the VAX/VMS HELP gateway (http://vxcrna.cern.ch:80/) doesn't
work. In addition, for Lynx2-0-11:

1) The aFTP gateway doesn't work.
2) The TechInfo pages are not searchable.
3) It still misses anchors in http://www.civeng.carleton.ca:8001/

Fote

Foteos Macrides Worcester Foundation for Experimental Biology
MACRIDES@SCI.WFEB.EDU 222 Maple Avenue, Shrewsbury, MA 01545