Submitting input-form data to server

Marc Andreessen (marca@ncsa.uiuc.edu)
Sun, 5 Sep 93 01:41:50 -0500

Pei Y. Wei writes:
> <LI><INPUT name="toppings" type="check" value="artichoke">Artichoke
> <LI><INPUT name="toppings" type="check" value="mushroom">Mushroom
> <LI><INPUT name="toppings" type="check" value="olive">Olive
> <LI><INPUT name="toppings" type="check" value="pastrami">Pastrami

Following up my previous note, my suggestions leave unsolved the
problem of how to represent a situation like the above, where a single
name can have two or more values. Two possibilities:

* Multiple name=value pairs with the name repeated each time.
* A special syntax for representing multiple values; e.g.
name=value|value|value

First one probably makes more sense, and parallels Pei's approach.

Cheers,
Marc