frans van hoesel (hoesel@chem.rug.nl)
Tue, 20 Jul 1993 17:24:21 +0100 (MDT)

You wrote:

> vs.

> Anyone else feel the same way? Or am I just looney? :)

I'm one of the loosers that creates html by hand. I have no trouble
if there is a </em> tag then *I* would expect tho end any emphasis
and return to the normal font.
a parsers viewpoint, but to end the correct em I would suggest using

So my suggestion is to include a tag to end any emphasis and </em> seems
most logical to me. If you want to end only the italic emphasis use </em i>.
wrong (there is one /em too many)

Note that this is just the way I *feel* things, not that I really want
that to happen.