Re: Anchors in current file...

Brian Smithson (brian@eitech.com)
Thu, 15 Jul 93 05:59:55 PDT

On Jul 15, 12:00pm, David Martland wrote:
> Subject: Anchors in current file...
> I don't know whether it is a bug in Mosaic or not, but using BACK to return to
> a previous anchor does not seem to work if the anchor is in the same file.
>
>-- End of excerpt from David Martland

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature :-), but if the anchor is of the
form

then the link won't be recorded the window history and Back will not go
back to the anchor, but if it is of the form

then it will be added to the history list and Back will work as you had wanted
it to. I thought this was intentional and found it to be useful! Now I'm
wondering about those _other_ browsers...

--
-Brian Smithson                                          brian@eitech.com
 Enterprise Integration Technologies                      +1 415 617 8009