Re: REGISTRAR

Rob Raisch (raisch@ora.com)
Sun, 11 Jul 1993 22:33:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 Jul 1993, Nathan Torkington wrote:

> Rob Raisch writes:
>
> > Nat, and everyone...
> >
> > I really tried to make registrar easy to understand. It seems I
> > failed. ANY questions whatsoever, please please please ask.
>
> It does look clearer on a second reading, I promise :). Once you get
> through the definitions, it all makes sense. For this to take off,
> though:
>
> -- someone will have to register a lot of information

After we(*) decide on the final form, ORA will register many of
the products we will be providing via the Internet in registrar, and there
are other documents (like the hundreds of thousands of Federal Register
docs) which will prove the concepts. (*= we in this context is the WWW,
Gopher, URI, and com-priv world and anyone else who is interested in
participating.)

> -- some programs will have to use it

I hope to talk about this at the W3 developer's meeting at the end
of the month.

> What is the state of play in both of these? (I sincerely hope that
> WWW browsers will be part of the second category :-)

Me too. <smile>

</rr>