HTML editor for the NeXT -- version 0.16

Tim Berners-Lee (timbl@www3.cern.ch)
Tue, 15 Jun 93 16:47:22 +0200

>From: jds@kudzu.cnidr.org (Jane Dunlap Smith)
>Date: Tue, 15 Jun 93 8:46:42 EDT
>
>Hi, Tim.
>
>Am I just being stupid and can't find it or does there exist an html
>editor for the NeXT?
>
>Jane Smith
>Clearinghouse for Networked Information Discovery and Retrieval

My fault ... firstly, the latest (still months old an buggy) wasn't
there, secondly what was there wasn't stippred so it was rather big,
and thirdly it wasn't in a sensible place.

It is now /pub/www/bin/next/WorldWideWeb_0.16.tar.Z

There have been a few requests for this, if yours was one
please consider this a reply!

Remember to use

dwrite WorldWideWeb NewsHost your.news.host

to set up the news host.

This is NOT an up-to-date browser --- it doesn't use the libwww
library.
It has no Gopher or FTP access and has lots of bugs. Our
priority list doesn't allow us to upgrade it.

If someone is interested in taking over the NextStep editor, then
we could talk about it.

Tim