HTML+ DTD in ftp://info.cern.ch/pub/www/dev/htmlplus.dtd

Tim Berners-Lee (timbl@www3.cern.ch)
Wed, 2 Jun 93 14:37:05 +0100

From: Dave_Raggett <dsr@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 93 13:01:14 BST

Hi Tim,

I have uploaded the latest copy of my DTD for HTML+ into
[tbl moved it into:]

"ftp://info.cern.ch/pub/www/dev/htmlplus.dtd"

The new DTD reflects recent discussions:

o One tag for all inline emphasis
o FIG tag similar to Pei's (but no TYPE attribute)
o EMBED tag for foreign data (simple equations etc.)
o DL lists extended for tables with optional hints
o INPUT and SELECT form interaction elements

I don't know how in SGML to specify a tag which may or may not
have an endtag depending on its attribute values. Because of
this I have used two tags for images:

[I think (hope?) that this it is impossible to change
the EMPTY charactistic of an element as a function of the
attributes. Would severly complicate parsing -Tim]

a) <FIG> ...</FIG> for captioned images
b) <ICON> for small inline graphics without captions

[...]

Cheers,

Dave Raggett