Description Lists

Marc Andreessen (marca@ncsa.uiuc.edu)
Fri, 30 Apr 93 12:15:10 -0500

Dave_Raggett writes:
> Marc,
>
> In "http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu:80/SDG/Software/MacSoftDesc.html" you have
> used an unusual variant of description lists:
>

> <DT> <I> Version: </I> 1.0
> <DT> <I> System requirements: </I>
> </DL>
>
> There are <DT> tags without any corresponding <DD> tags. Currently, the
> HTML spec seems to require each <DT> to be paired with a <DD>. Furthermore
> there must be at least one <DT> in the list.
>
> Now are you suggesting that we relax this requirement?
> If so what should be permitted with in <DL> ... </DL>?

Aaaaagh! I didn't write that document. Mosaic has been trained to be
very liberal about what goes into a DL just because various documents
already on the net were doing very strange things (like above) and now
I see that our own Publications group is doing them -- sigh. But I
didn't do it myself.

Cheers,
Marc