Re: proposed new tag: IMG

Marc Andreessen (marca@ncsa.uiuc.edu)
Mon, 1 Mar 93 13:05:08 -0800

Dave_Raggett writes:
> True indeed! I want to consider a whole range of possible image/line
> art types, along with the possibility of format negotiation. Tim's
> note on supporting clickable areas within images is also important

Actually, maybe we should think about a general-purpose procedural
graphics language within which we can embed arbitrary hyperlinks
attached to icons, images, or text, or anything. Has anyone else seen
Intermedia's capabilities wrt this? It's one of their most impressive
capabilities, actually.

Something like a cross between PostScript and CGM might work...
actually, maybe we should just use one or the other, and add the
extensions we need for the links. Also we'd want to make sure that
it's completely editable.

Cheers,
Marc

--